Saturday, December 18, 2021

Harvesting Golden Dragon Eggs

In 2021, I won the Thawfest and Dreadfall dragons by doing all the daily quests and dragon tactics levels, and collecting the daily bonuses, and then making up the difference through farming.

For Snoggletog this year, I just don't have time to do much playing, so I've decided to try getting my 17,000 cookies almost entirely though farming.

Will it be possible?

I created this spreadsheet to find out. Here's an edited screenshot with just the most important figures:

As you'll see, it's totally doable with any of the cookie-producing animals (I left out the Yak because you can't buy more of them) with sheep being the cheapest (but most labor-intensive).

In the end, I decided on Elk for two reasons: I didn't like the idea of individually harvesting from 23 sheep twice as often as I'd be harvesting from eight Elk (especially because sheep can be a bit of a pain to click -- not as much of a pain as chickens, of course, but still) and I was planning to buy a Snoggletog Elk and Snoggletog Elk Pen anyway, so I figured I'd just go all the way with elk:


(Note that the elk pens slightly overlap each other. I discovered when placing them that this was possible, and was very glad for this glitch in the end, because it was the only way I could squeeze four pens around my other existing buildings. When planning what kind of animal you're going to use and of what type, be sure to take into account the space it will take to house them!)

Here's a link to the spreadsheet again if you want to use it to figure out how you can farm your way to a Golden Dragon. It will work for you even if you're doing a lot more than me to gain cookies outside of farming, and it will work no matter how far into Snoggletog we are at the point you read this, because it has fields you fill in where you specify how many cookies you already have, how many you're earning each day by other means, and how many days of Snoggletog are left. The spreadsheet then tells you what you need farm in order to get the rest of the way to 17,000.

The link will only give you viewing rights to my spreadsheet, but you can easily copy-and-paste its contents to a spreadsheet of your own. 

If you do, please:

  • Keep in mind that the spreadsheet could contain errors. Double check the results it gives you, and regularly check your progress toward 17000 cookies to make sure it's happening the way the spreadsheet says it should.
  • Don't blame me if you fall just short of 17000 because you didn't monitor your progress or because you failed to keep up with the number of harvests required per day. The spreadsheet is only meant to help you plan by giving you a general idea of what to expect.
  • Let me know about any errors you find.
Thanks and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment